2018 ACFCGN AGM
The AGM is your opportunity to learn more about our amazing national community garden movement. It also is an opportunity to play a formal role in ACFCGN by standing for a committee position.
WHEN: Tuesday 16 October 2018 — 8-9pm
WHERE: The teleconference will be held via ZOOM at 7:55pm ESDT for a 8:00pm start.
NOTE: Be aware daylight saving will be happening on the east coast.
- First Nations’ acknowledgement and welcome to attendees
- appointment of chair
- approve minutes of previous AGM 2017
- Presidents report (download as a pdf document)
- Treasurers Report (download as a pdf document)
- Membership Report
- election of office bearers
- appointment of a returning officer
- committee members positions declared vacant
- nomination and election of new committee.
- President — facilitates committee meetings
- Vice President — facilitates committee meetings in the Presidents absence
- Secretary — maintains the register of members, keeps custody of the common seal, provides members with access to the register of members, minutes general meetings and other books and documents
- Treasurer — manages payments and receipts of moneys and issues receipts, keep financial records and prepare financial statement prior to AGM
- Media Liaison Officer — liaise with media when needed
- Membership Secretary — manages online membership system
- each state/territory has one representative who are part of the committee — being a state representative is a great way to feel out the workings of the organisation prior to taking on one of the positions mentioned above. Some of the tasks might involve organising a state support team to help organise regional gatherings and help support local community gardens if possible.
Our 2017-18 committee
- President — John McBain (WA)
- Vice President — Naomi Lacey (NT)
- Secretary — Joel Orchard (NSW)
- Treasurer — John Brisbin (QLD)
- Media liaison — Russ Grayson (NSW)
- Membership secretary — Jane Mowbray (NSW)
- QLD — Damien Gillett
- NSW — Vacant
- NT — Vacant
- SA — Christy Spiers (support team Alex Miller)
- TAS — Jo Dean
- VIC — Lorna Martin (support team Peta Christensen and Merrin Layden)
- WA — Anthony Rudolf.
View photos and bio of 2017/18 team.
You can view more details about ACFCGN by downloading our Rules of Association.
We are also seeking people with skills and experience in:
- liaison with the media and compiling media releases when needed and helping with social media
- website support volunteer to help with our WordPress website and social media.
How can I nominate someone or myself onto the committee?
To participate in the AGM and/or stand for a position, you must be a financial member (other than an associate member ie a funded or unfunded garden member) of ACFCGN.
You are entitled to vote if:
- you are a member other than an associate member (ie. unfunded or funded garden member)
- more than 10 business days have passed since you have become a member of the association
- your membership rights have not been suspended for any reason.