2021 CGA AGM
Come and join us for our AGM which will be followed by a Q&A session (or Costa-sation!) with Costa Georgiadis exclusively for our members!
Costa will be chatting about all things community gardening so come armed with your most burning questions if you need advice or feel free to share and discuss some of your wins or greatest learnings for 2021 with the rest of the group.
We look forward to having all our valuable members join us on the 24th!
…Naomi Lacey, CGA President
The AGM is your opportunity to learn more about our amazing national community garden movement. It also is an opportunity to play a formal role in CGA by standing for a committee position.
WHEN: Sunday 24 October 2021 — 4:30pm AEDT
WHERE: The teleconference will be held via ZOOM
NOTE: Be aware daylight saving will be happening on the east coast.
On 24 October 2021 at 4:30pm ESDT.
- First Nations’ acknowledgement and welcome to attendees
- appointment of chair
- approve minutes of previous AGM 2020 — Download [PDF 123KB]
- Presidents report — Download [PDF 24.4]
- presentation of annual financial report
- rules amendments — view amendments here
- membership fees
- election of office bearers
- appointment of a returning officer
- committee members positions declared vacant
- nomination and election of new committee
- thanks to outgoing committee members, close of AGM
- Q&A with CGA’s Ambassador, Costa Georgiadis and members.
- President — facilitates committee meetings
- Vice President — facilitates committee meetings in the Presidents absence
- Secretary — maintains the register of members, keeps custody of the common seal, provides members with access to the register of members, minutes general meetings and other books and documents
- Treasurer — manages payments and receipts of moneys and issues receipts, keep financial records and prepare financial statement prior to AGM
- Ordinary members
Our 2020-21 committee
- President — Naomi Lacey
- Vice-president — Karen Gardham
- Secretary — Jill Osborn
- Treasurer — Josh Barnes
- Ordinary member — Jane Mowbray
- Ordinary member — Chris Smyth
View team of 2020/21 team.
You can view more details about CGA by downloading our Rules of Association.
How can I nominate someone or myself onto the committee?
To participate in the AGM and/or stand for a position, you must be a financial garden member of CGA.
You are entitled to vote if:
- you are a community garden member
- more than 10 business days have passed since you have become a member of the association
- your membership rights have not been suspended for any reason.
Interested in voting but can’t make it to the meeting?
If you can’t make it to the AGM, complete the proxy voting form to have someone vote on your behalf. Your proxy must be a financial full member of ACGA to vote on your behalf.
Return your completed Proxy Form to ACFCGN’s secretary, Jill Osborn (email@example.com), by 8:00pm, Saturday 23 October 2021.
Download ACFCGN Proxy Form — Proxy form — AGM 2021 [PDF 161kB]