The Community garden is a membership based group that is growing chemical free produce using sustainable garden practices.
We are creating a beautiful and sustainable garden that provides healthy produce through community activity.
What’s important to us is:
- Growing local food
- Reducing food miles
- Minimising water and energy use
- Organic permaculture and biodynamic principals
- Recycling water and waste
- Enjoying ourselves!!
Apart from feeling really good about helping our environment, members also get to:
- Take home beautiful produce after gardening sessions
- Go on holidays without worrying who is going to water the veggie patch
- Make the odd new friend – the odder the better!
- Learn new things
- Have a lot of fun in the process
What we do includes a whole range of activities, no matter what your abilities:
- Light work, eg., standing up while watering or harvesting
- Carpentry projects – building sheds, shades and other infrastructure
- Irrigation and Plumbing projects – plants need water
- Digging, wheelbarrowing, weeding, other heavy duty exercise – who needs a gym?
- Fund raising – easy stuff like garage sales, raffles, produce sales, plus putting on the occasional event
- Socialising – lots of BYO morning and afternoon teas after work, BBQs, picnics.
We welcome members.
To download a membership form: