Space for the community to gather, grow, share and learn.
The garden first had a small provincial garden full of natives (developed in 2010) and now has grown into a huge community garden that has a hothouse, many raised garden beds, heaps of fruit and berry trees, 6 private plots, 4 school plots, a wood-fired pizza oven, and a food co-op. Our current projects include:
- a grow-and-learn program in partnership with the local primary school
- market stall once a month with the local market where we not only sell produce but offer pizza for sale (which is a great fundraiser)
- hold a ‘Soiree’ at the beginning of each season (monthly in summer) which involves music from local musicians, selling pizzas, selling homemade rhubarb champagne, and celebrating the garden
- monthly working bees
- workshops in the school holidays.
- care for the soil, and for biodiversity are at the heart of the organic practice used within the garden
- waste minimization and nutrient cycling, water efficiency, permaculture principles, and design techniques
- the philosophy of the garden is that we treat each other with dignity and respect.
Garden coordinators (see opening hours for when these coordinators are onsite):
Garden established January 2995.