Chelsea Heights Community Garden formally known as EarthCarers Community Garden, in Chelsea Heights is a place for members to socialise and learn about planting their own food and caring for the environment.
“The Chelsea Heights Community Garden is a project of the Chelsea Heights Community Centre. Their ongoing support is invaluable”
To take full advantage of the seasons, our year runs from 1st July until the following 30th June.
The current fees are
- membership for family or individuals – $25.00
- plot fee is – $35.00
- high wicking bed is (if available) – $60.00
(unless the installation is undertaken by the potholder)
- Organisation’s membership is plot fee plus – $110.00
EarthCarers Community Garden is a place where people can come, relax, meet new people and learn about growing healthy fruit and vegetables.
Here you will:
- Discover a safe and stimulating place for all the family
- Grow healthy food and herbs
- Learn how to improve soil, make compost, combat weeds, use companion plants and create raised beds for easier gardening
- Discover new and interesting herbs, fruits and vegetables and companion plan
- Learn how to avoid toxic chemicals when gardening
- Participate in visits to other community gardens, botanic gardens, private gardens and other places of interest
- Learn how to propagate, prune and shape many different pla
- Discover new ways to cook and prepare vegetables, herbs and fruits
- Meet others and make new friends
- Introduce children to the wonders of plants and beneficial animals
such as chooks
- Learn about useful indigenous and native plants
- Share knowledge and enthusiasm with the wider community
- Celebrate community events with local produce in a delightful environment.