Wollondilly Community Nursery to Launch Community Garden
Spring is finally here and as a celebration Wollondilly Community Nursery to Launch Community Gardenfrom 8am to 4pm. The garden will be constructed on the day, so you can be a part of the process from the beginning to the end.
The garden will be located at the Wollondilly Community Nursery, Wonga Rd, Picton.
It will be a place where people from the local area can get involved in growing heirloom, open pollinated varieties of vegetables and herbs.
The community garden project will include the following features:
- Mandala design with a talking circle in the centre.
- No-dig approach to establishment.
- Only using heirloom, open pollinated varieties of vegetables and herbs.
- Water harvesting and waterwise design principles.
- The use of indigenous native plants for the purposes of companion planting and bush tucker.
- Seedbank for heirloom varieties of seed.
“This free workshop gives
our residents a fantastic opportunity to learn some different gardening techniques and actually be there and help with the construction of the garden. It also ties in with our very popular Garden Competition,” said Mayor, Cr Col Mitchell.
Damion will have entry forms for the Garden Competition there on the day. The entries close on 13 September at 4pm.
To register for this workshop contact Damion, phone 02 4677 2723 or email
Damion Stirling | Community Nursery Co-Ordinator
Wollondilly Shire Council | PO Box 21 Picton NSW 2571
P (02) 4677 2723 | E email@example.com | W www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au