Sydney City Farm voluntary community representatives – applications now open
The City of Sydney is now accepting applications for four community representatives to join the Sydney City Farm Advisory Panel. Working with Sydney City Farm partners, the Powerhouse Museum and the City of Sydney, the community representatives will guide and review the development and implementation of the City Farm and provide input into the preparation of the business plan and design brief for the project master plan before they are submitted to Council for endorsement.
Applications close on 17 February 2012.
Skills sought of community representatives include:
- experience in engaging and working with community groups in developing new community facilities
- capability to represent relevant community interest in the City Farm project
- experience or working knowledge of the operation of a city farm, particularly community engagement and sustainability education
- ability to work collaboratively in decision making and to work effectively with the City Farm partners and stakeholders
- understanding of the importance of behavioural change in relation to sustainability education
- knowledge of the key components of sustainable urban development, urban agriculture and community food systems
- basic understanding of social enterprise models of structuring not-for-profit enterprise or alternative structures such as incorporated associations and small business.
A knowledge of sustainable urbanism and the principles of placemaking, urban food security, collaborative decision making and contemporary, behaviour-based trends and approaches to sustainability education would likewise prove
These are voluntary positions for committed people in the Sydney area. The initial commitment of three years includes monthly meetings of around two hours with additional time required between meetings for correspondence and other communication as required.
INFORMATION & APPLICATIONS
[button_link url=”http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Residents/ParksAndLeisure/CommunityGardens/documents/CityFarmAdvisoryGroup-EOI-InformationPackage.pdf” target=”blank” style=”dark” title=”” class=”” id=”” onclick=””]Download (PDF 132kB)[/button_link]
[button_link url=”http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Residents/ParksAndLeisure/CommunityGardens/documents/CityFarmAdvisoryGroup-EOI-ApplicationForm-Worddoc.pdf ” target=”blank” style=”dark” title=”” class=”” id=”” onclick=””]Download (PDF 63kB)[/button_link]
[button_link url=”http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Residents/ParksAndLeisure/CommunityGardens/SydneyCityFarm.asp ” target=”blank” style=”dark” title=”” class=”” id=”” onclick=””]Visit website[/button_link]