The Australian City Farms & Community Gardens Network (ACFCGN) has a diverse, skilled and capable team working to linking people interested in community gardening around Australia.
Ours is a community-based organisation where people interested in city farms, community gardening, food gardening in schools and other community food systems share their stories, their knowledge, their ideas.
Within its limits, the Network:
- advocates on behalf of community gardeners and city farms
- provides education and information on our website and social media
- provides a mapping service to document city farms, community gardens and other community food systems around Australia
- provides email discussion lists nationally and in some states
- advises local government, institutions and communities interested in establishing community gardens
- documents the development of community gardening in Australia
- is available to the media.
Our 2019-2020 committee
- President — Naomi Lacey (NT)
- Vice President — (vacant)
- Secretary — Joel Orchard (NSW)
- Treasurer — John Brisbin (QLD)
- Membership secretary — Jane Mowbray (NSW)
- QLD — Damien Gillett
- NSW — Vacant
- NT — Vacant
- SA — Christy Spiers (support team Alex Miller)
- TAS —Jo Dean
- VIC — Lorna Martin (support team Peta Christensen and Merrin Layden)
- WA — Anthony Ridolfo.
Ambassador for Cultivation: Costa Georgiadis
Ambassador for Sustainability: John McBain
ACFCGN rules of association
ACFCGN is an Incorporated Association registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria. The name of the in corporated association is Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network Incorporated, registration number (coming soon).
ACFCGN’s ABN is 765 052 285 56.View ACFCGN rules of association (pdf 278MB)