The Australian City Farms & Community Gardens Network (ACFCGN) has a diverse, skilled and capable team working to linking people interested in community gardening around Australia.
Ours is a community-based organisation where people interested in city farms, community gardening, food gardening in schools and other community food systems share their stories, their knowledge, their ideas.
Within its limits, the Network:
- advocates on behalf of community gardeners and city farms
- provides education and information on our website and social media
- provides a mapping service to document city farms, community gardens and other community food systems around Australia
- provides email discussion lists nationally and in some states
- advises local government, institutions and communities interested in establishing community gardens
- documents the development of community gardening in Australia
- is available to the media.
ACFCGN rules of association
ACFCGN is an Incorporated Association registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria. The name of the in corporated association is Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network Incorporated, registration number (coming soon).
ACFCGN’s ABN is 765 052 285 56.View ACFCGN rules of association (pdf 278MB)
Our 2015-16 management team
- President — Jane Mowbray (NSW)
- Vice President — Vacant
- Secretary — John McBain (WA)
- Treasurer — John Brisbin (QLD)
- Media liaison — Russ Grayson (NSW)
- Membership coordinator — Jane Mowbray (NSW)
- QLD — Gavin Hardy
- NSW — Chris Brown
- NT — Naomi Lacey
- SA — Christy Spiers
- TAS — Nel Smit
- VIC — Lorna Martin
- WA — Charles Otway and Anthony Rudolf0
- Costa Georgiadis
Communications — website, social media, eNews, media statements etc
ACFCGN distributes a seasonal eNEWS and we welcome your stories.
ACFCGN members can upload a blog story and photos here. Just log in and follow the link.
- Russ Grayson — media liaison and journalist support
- Fiona Campbell — website coordinator, eNEWs design support