ARE YOU GOOD with: People and communication? Problem solving? Negotiation? Participatory techniques? Working collaboratively? Planning? Decision making processes?
Are you passionate about gardening?
Then here’s the position for you! The City of Sydney is looking for an energetic and
experienced person for this exciting community development role.
The City currently has 13 community gardens which are run by the community and
used for growing herbs, flowers, vegetables and fruit and for conserving rare plants
and seeds. In this role you will manage and expand the City’s Community Gardens
Program and work extensively with Council’s service providers and community
- tertiary qualifications and/or experience in horticulture, education, community
services or a related discipline
- experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community greening
projects eg. LandCare programs, tree planting projects, community gardens
- experience in developing education resources
and delivering community
- experience in community engagement and developing partnerships with
- excellent communication and networking skills
- an understanding of environmental sustainability principles.
To find out more or apply, go to the City of Sydney website.