Date/Time 06/12/2015 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location Charlie's Garden
Time to catch up with all our community garden friends across the Sydney region – big thanks to the Charlie’s Garden for hosting our last MeetUP for 2015 – come and have a sticky beak at their garden With David and Judy…
WHERE: Charlie’s Garden, Charles Kernan Reserve, Darlington
WHEN: Sunday 6 December 2015
TIME: Arrive 2:45 for our regional networking and garden tourpm at 3:00, we will finish at 5:00pm.
TIME: Arrive 2:45 to start the tour at 3pm, we will finish at 5:00pm.
2:45pm Welcome and a cuppa (don’t forget to bring your own mug and afternoon tea to share) and catch up chat with other community gardeners – an informal session — also time for sharing of seeds, cuttings etc.
3:00pm Community garden networking session — a garden nominates someone to tell us what your garden has been up to.
3:30pm Tour of the Community Garden – David & Judy will talk through what is working in the garden and what could be improved. We will also go through the range of tools that we use and demonstrate how we hot compost in closed bins.
4:30pm Afternoon tea (bring food to share)
— also time for sharing of seeds, cuttings, skills etc.
4:50pm Checkout — where to from here — where is our next MeetUP — focus for next MeetUP —confirm actions to complete for next meeting.
What to bring:
- great stories about your gardens
- finger food to share for afternoon tea and cool drinks if desired
- mug for yourself
- thermos with hot water if possible
- foldup chair for yourself if possible
- seeds to swap
- cutting material to share
- mystery plant, pest or disease samples to be identified.
Find out more about the garden on their Facebook page
- Charles Kernan Reserve where the garden is located is easily accessed from Redfern Station. Bus routes in the surrounding areas are too numerous to list but all involve a longer walk.
In case of wet weather…
Check back on this page on Sunday morning if the event is cancelled because of wet weather.
Contact for Charlie’s Garden:
Mob: 0403 911 083