If you are actively involved in a city farm or community garden in Australia, join us in Perth on Saturday 1 October
…as we celebrate 20 years of networking city farms and community gardens around Australia
During the day we will:
- outline what the Australian City Farms & Community Garden Network (ACFCGN) is and what we have been doing
- network with other city farms & community gardens from around Australia and in particular around Perth
- use an open space process for discussion circles and workshops
- tour Murdoch University Community Garden
- run the ACFCGN AGM to elect the new team and choose next year’s projects.
Refreshments during the day:
- Simple vegetarian lunch, afternoon tea and evening pizza supplied by ACFCGN. BYO drinks for the evening.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL by Tuesday 27 September to help us with catering and make sure that our venue is big enough to cater for the number of bookings.
Program may have last minute changes closer to the event…
10:30 Acknowledgement to Country (10min)
10:40 Welcome from the President of ACFCGN and introduce existing team (10min)
10:50 Introduction to the Network – Russ Grayson ACFCGN’s media liaison and co-founder of ACFCGN (10min)
11:00 Networking the city farms/community gardens — round robin introduction to farms and gardens present (30min)
11:30 Group discussion about ACFCGN – world cafe process (45min)
- what needs and functions could a national network organisation perform (15min)
- how best can ACFCGN support farms and gardens (15min)
- reality check – what are those things that would be the most productive activities to work on in the next year? (15min)
11:45 Planning the open space setup for discussions or workshops (15min)
In this session farmers and gardens are welcome to bring their discussion ideas of workshop skills they would like to share… previous discussions and workshop have been..
- how to encourage new membership
- how to work with conflict
- how to manage pests in the garden
- sharing of compost and wormfarming techniques
- biointensive gardening
- how to get a community garden going
- ACFCGN network discussions
Allocate spaces and timing…
12:00 Open space session 1 — 25 minutes
12:30 Open space session 2 — 25 minutes
1:00-2:00 – Lunch provided by ACFCGN
2:00 Open space session 3 — 25 minutes
2:30 – Choose between a tour or workshop…
- tour of Murdoch University or
- Love Food but Hate Waste Workshop sponsored by Murdoch University Community Garden
3:30 AFTERNOON TEA
4:00 ACFCGN AGM
- catch up on what we have been doing over the last year — ACFCGN President
- financial report — ACFCGN Treasurer
- review ACGCGN committee roles and teams
- any amendments to the Rules of Association
- election of the new committee
- discussion of major tasks for 2016/17
- nominate people to help out with teams eg mapping, communications and membership.
5:00 Close AGM
5:30 Pizza night — celebration of 20 years of ACFCGN
Murdoch Community Garden is located within the Environmental Technology Centre. There will be signage at the eastern end of Discovery Way, and entrance to car park. If you get lost, ring John 0416949033.
- Murdoch University is accessed from South Street
- turn into Murdoch Drive, and then right into Discovery Way
- take first left and after approximately 1 km you will see car park on your left.
If you are driving and using online maps :
- enter Discovery Way Murdoch University
- press directions
- follow route
- refer to map below
- follow red dotted line to Murdoch Community Garden car park and entrance.
Public transport :
- Go to transport.wa.gov.au
- Enter your location
- Enter destination (bus stop number 25642)
- Enter arrive before 10 am Saturday October 1
- Press ‘Plan your journey’.
- Follow instructions and get off at stop number 25642.
Refer to map below, Follow red dotted line to Murdoch Community Garden car park and entrance.
Public transport from Fremantle :
- 9.27 am, Catch bus number 999 from Fremantle Stn Stand 7 (Stop Number 10434).
- The bus will enter Murdoch University at approx 9.50 am.
- Get off at stop 25647 on Discovery Way.
- Walk east (direction bus was travelling) and take first road to right, referring to map.
- Walk approx 1 Km and enter Murdoch Community Garden car park, referring to map.
Public transport from Perth city :
- 9.22 am, Go to Elizabeth Quay Station platform 2 (stop number 99612)
- catch Mandurah train
- 9.38 am, Arrive Murdoch Station Platform 2 (Stop number 99652)
- Walk to Murdoch Station Stand 4 (stop number 23710) – takes about 3 minutes max.
- 9.52 am, Catch bus number 998
- 9.54 am, get off at stop number 25642
- refer to map
- walk back the way the bus came approximately 100 m and take first turn to right
- walk approx 1 km and you will see Murdoch Community Garden car park on your left.
A big thanks to Murdoch Community Garden for hosting this event.
Download flyer…[button_link url=”http://communitygarden.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ACFCGN-agm-2016b.pdf” target=”blank” style=”white” title=”” class=”” id=”” onclick=””]Download flyer pdf poster — 198kB[/button_link]