This Plan of Management has been prepared by Newtown Sustainability Group for the Camdenville Paddock Community Garden site to:
- Provide information on the use of the community garden site by members of the group.
- Encourage a cooperative and positive relationship between community gardeners and Camdenville Public School.
- Minimise the risk to the health of members and visitors to the community garden.
- Minimise the risk of environmental damage as a result of the management of the community garden.
- Encourage informed management of the garden for the production of food and other plants.
- Establish the community garden as a community-managed public asset and to improve public amenity in the local government area.
- Facilitate community enterprise in access to locally produced food, recreation, developing a place for informal social interaction and a place in which residents can address global trends at the local level.