- Garden Ambassador: Costa Georgiadis
- Permaculture Ambassador: Hannah Moloney
- Sustainability Ambassador: John McBain.
- President: Naomi Lacey
- Vice-president: Lorna Martin
- Secretary: Janet Aitchison
- Treasurer: Sajai Samuel
- Ordinary member — social media: Josh Barnes
- Ordinary member — membership: Jane Mowbray
- Ordinary member — state liaison: Chris Smyth.
CGA State Coordinators
Need help? Let us know how we can assist by contacting your State Coordinators:
- ACT: vacant, for more information email Chris Smyth
- NSW: email Emma Daniell (view NSW’s website profile)
- NT: email Katie Grimshaw (view NT’s website profile)
- QLD: email Gavin Hardy (view QLD’s website profile)
Gavin received a Churchill Fellowship to visit food forests and orchards — view his Tumblr blog
- SA: vacant, for more information email Chris Smyth
- TAS: email Jo Dean (view NT’s website profile)
- VIC: email Lorna Martin (view VIC’s website profile)
- WA: email Chris Smyth (view WA’s website profile).
CGA Regional Representatives
You can also contact your Regional Representative if you need local help:
- Northern NSW: email Jimi Gatland (view Nth NSW’s website profile)
- Alice Springs: email Kaz Phillips (view NT’s website profile)
- Gold Coast: email Lyn Marsfield (view GOLD COAST’s website profile)
- Logan City and Scenic Rim: email Beth Cook (view LOGAN CITY & SCENIC RIM’s website profile)
- Brisbane South East: email Sheeba Taylor (view BRISBANE SE’s website profile)
- North Brisbane: email Gareth Thomas (view NTH BRISBANE’s website profile)
- Redlands: to be announced
- Northern Adelaide and Barossa: email David MacKinnon (view NTH ADELAIDE & BAROSSA’s website profile)
- The Coorong: to be announced
- Southern Adelaide and Fleurieu: to be announced
- Yorke Peninsula: email Trish Goodgame (view YORKE PENINSULA’s website profile)
- Perth Northern Suburbs: email Kath Moller (view PERTH NORTH’s website profile)
- Perth Western Suburbs: email Peg Davies (view PERTH WEST’s website profile)
- Perth Southern Suburbs: email Heather Stewart-Johnson (view PERTH SOUTH’s website profile)
- Southern Region WA: email Ann Bentley (view Southern WA’s website profile).
CGA volunteer support
- Fiona Campbell: website administration
- Paul Hammond: website administration
- Russ Grayson: website stories and editorial support
- Moushumi Dewan: website map listing support
- Niloofer Golvala: website map listing support
- Digital Pacific: website hosting support
- Ruth Galloway Creative Partner
M: +61(0)404 159 031
What Came Next Ltd
40/100 Miller St North Sydney NSW 2060
- Faye Pettinella
Find out more about our Committee members…
…who volunteer their time to grow community gardening around Australia
President — Naomi Lacey
Naomi is a permaculturalist who is passionate about promoting healthy food systems, sustainable lifestyles, and cultivating community. She helped to establish the first community garden in the satellite city of Palmerston near Darwin and from there became involved with Community Gardens Australia (CGA) in 2015 then taking on the role of President in 2019.
Naomi believes that community gardens have a pivotal role to play in ensuring better health outcomes for Australians, building community, addressing the climate crisis, reducing waste, and educating people.
Awarded a Churchill Fellowship in 2019 to learn from community garden networks around the world, Naomi’s vision for CGA is to build the organisation into one that supports the growth and needs of community gardens around Australia, providing them with education, support, resources, and sustenance to continue their work and therefore their positive impact on the communities they reside in.
You can contact Naomi at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Naomi was awarded a Churchill Fellowship in 2019 to learn from community garden organisations around the world. Follow her blog to see the gardens she visited.
Vice-president — To be determined
Secretary — To be determined
You can contact at: email@example.com
Treasurer — Sajai Samuel
Details to come soon
You can contact our treasurer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Barnes — social media
Josh is passionate about community building through gardens and believes in the power of the collective formed through our national network.
He lives in Darwin and is a member of the Mulch Pit permaculture community garden. By day he works in universities on equity access programs.
You can contact Josh at: email@example.com
Jane Mowbray — membership
Jane Mowbray has been a community gardener and seed saver for a couple of decades. She joined her local community garden in Sydney hoping to find or recruit more seed savers but instead, she became a dedicated community gardener. Jane believes there is nothing that provides a better sense of belonging to a community and to the wonders of the natural world than being part of a community garden.
You can contact Jane at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Smyth — State Liaison
Chris helped set up Murdoch Community Garden in 2013. He manages the administration side of the community garden’s activities, helps out with garden maintenance, and makes preserves and other foodstuffs from the garden produce.
You can contact Chris at: email@example.com
Katherine Benderli28/12/2022 at 1:28 pm
I am a Mental Health Support Worker, and a client has expressed interest in community gardens to help with community access and for mental health.
What times does the garden meet? Is this something she is able to access?
CGA web support05/01/2023 at 9:12 am
We don’t run individual community gardens. What garden are you trying to contact? If you go to our homepage and search the garden you are looking for you might find it on our map and find the contact details.
Web Team Member
CGA acknowledges the traditional owners and custodians of the lands upon which we live and garden and we pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging.
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.