Sydney regional community garden gathering and National Network AGM
- Celebrating our gardens...
- Celebrating our achievements...
- Meet new gardeners...
- See a new garden...
- Meet new plants...
- Meet network people from other states...
WHEN: Saturday 14 November 2009
WHERE: Carss Park Community Garden on the corner of Carlton Crescent and Carawar Avenue, Carss Park.
ENQUIRIES: Fiona Campbell + Russ Grayson: info [at] communitygarden.org.au
We meet at the brand new Carss Park Community Garden on Sydney’s southside. The garden started only this year on what once was a bowling green, and is now under construction, including the strawbale classroom. Come and meet the gardeners.
Here’s the program...
11:15-11:30 Arrive for morning tea
11:30-12:30 Welcome and check-in. A representative from each Sydney region community garden and others from the attending states tells us about their work and their achievements over the past year.
12:30-1:00 The Carss Park Community Garden crew take us on a tour of their new community garden, still under construction.
1:00-2:00 Join our shared lunch - bring food to share and plants and seeds to swap.
WORKSHOP SERIES 1
- National network communication - website, email discussion list and newsletter (Fiona Campbell + Russ Grayson)
- Sharing our adventures in garden pest managements - Rob Allsop (previously from Glovers Community Garden)
- Clucking about chooks in community gardens - Jane Mowbray (Glovers Community Garden).
WORKSHOP SERIES 2
- Growing a productive organic garden - Rebecca Chettleburgh (Albury-Wodonga)
- Working with local government - Russ Grayson
- Saving and propagating seeds in the garden - Emma Daniel (Randwick Organic Community Garden)
- Participatory design for community gardens - Aaron Sorensen (Illawarra community and school garden garden catalyst).
National network AGM...
Program details still to come - here is the draft program....
Those interested in the National network arrive at Carss Park Community Garden
National network meeting
Australian City Farms & Community Gardens Network AGM
- presidents report
- financial report
- election of new board.