Date/Time 26/07/2015 @ 10:45 am - 2:30 pm
Location Camden Community Garden
Are you interested in community gardening?
Come and join the Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network at Camden Community Garden for a Winter catch up. Meet other community gardeners and find out what’s happening in community gardens across Sydney and share some tips, stories and food!
Tell all your community garden friends to come along!
WHERE: Camden Community Garden,
40 Exeter Street, Camden
WHEN: Sunday 26 July 2015
TIME: Arrive 10:45 to start the tour at 11am, we will finish at 2:30pm.
Contact for Camden Community Garden…
RSVP / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION…
Please provide a phone number and confirm attendance numbers by 19th July for potential supplemental catering.
Arrive 10:45 to start the tour at 11am, we will finish at 2:30pm.
- Acknowledgment of Country
- Introduction to Camden Community Garden – Steve/President to hand over to Jeff Ferrif (member of founding committee) for story behind the garden.
- Tour of Camden Community Garden
11:30am Community gardens — tell us your story, what have you been up to?
12:30pm Shared lunch
1:00-2:15pm — 3 session: 1:00-1:20, 1:25-1:45, 1:50-2:10
Open space sessions —
- Seed/plant swap.
- Herbs in the garden/Pest Control
- Propagation session
- where to from here — where is our next MeetUP — focus for next MeetUP —confirm actions to complete for next meeting.
2:30pm FINISH – Pack up – Thankyou
What to bring:
- great stories about your gardens
- finger food to share for lunch and cool drinks if desired
- plate, cutlery and a mug for yourself
- seeds to swap- cutting material to share
- mystery plant, pest or disease samples to be identified.
- public transport options…
Train From Wynyard Platform 5, 8.50am to Campbelltown Station arrive 10.15am
Bus @ 10.21am from interchange Eastern side of line Stand A, Bus 895 Campbelltown to South Camden Loop, alight at Westpac Bank on Corner of John and Argyle Street, walk west along John Street till you hit Camden Town Farm.
Your destination is in front of you.
- Car parking details – plenty of parking along Exeter Street adjacent to garden.
- Car pooling – use our Facebook page send us a PM or email with suburb and we will endeavour to put you in touch with someone close by.
In the event of torrential rains we will leave a message by 9am on:
- the ACFCGN sydney email discussion list and
- our Facebook page to confirm if event is cancelled.
However our garden does have wet weather facilities, but we will advise if the MeetUP will be postponed till the following week?
President – Camden Town Farm Community Garden Assoc. Inc.