Date/Time 28/02/2016 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
Location Laker Reserve Community Garden
Are you a member of a community garden? Are you interested in community gardening?
Time to catch up with all our community garden friends across the Sydney region — a big thanks to the Laker Reserve Community Garden Straithfield for hosting our first MeetUP for 2016 — come and have a sticky beak at their garden… and find out what is happening in community gardens across Sydney… join us to share gardening tips, stories and food.
WHERE: Laker Reserve Community Garden
WHEN: Sunday 28 February 2016
TIME: Arrive 10:30am for morning team followed by a garden tour, regional networking, shared lunch and afternoon workshops, we will finish at 2:30pm.
10.30 am: Arrive for a cuppa
11.00 am: Tour of Laker Reserve Community Garden
11.30: Community garden networking session
- feedback from each community garden on what you have been up to.
12.30pm: Shared lunch
1.00- 2.15pm & 1.30-1.35 & 1.40- 2.15 (35 minute sessions)
- Pest & diseases- show & tell — hosted by Mark Latham, Sustainability Officer Strathfield Council.
- Gardening in pots & containers, tricks & tips for success — Fiona & Daniel
2.15 pm: Wrap up
- where is next MeetUP
- focus for next MeetUP
- actions for next meeting
What to bring
- great stories about your community garden
- finger food & drinks to share for lunch
- plate, cutlery and mug/ cup for yourself
- seeds to swap
- cutting material to share
- mystery plant, pest or disease samples to be identified.
Host garden will provide
- tea, herbal tea, coffee, milk sugar & drinking water
- morning tea treats.
There are NO toilet facilities onsite at the garden, the closest are at Strathfield plaza shops.
In case of wet weather
We will go ahead with the event under the gazebo at Laker Reserve Community Garden. Be aware that the paths around the garden are slippery when wet so please take care.
By public transport
Laker Reserve Community Garden is an easy 500m walk from Strathfield Train station/ bus stands.
Come out on Strathfield Square/plaza side. As you exit the station, turn right and walk along Albert Road. Turn right onto Elva street. The garden is located across the footbridge on the corner of Elva Street and Beresford Road.
There is limited unrestricted parking available in the surrounding streets.