EVENT DETAILS...WHEN: Sunday 3 May 2015
TIME: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
WHERE: Randwick Sustainability Hub 27 Munda Street Randwick
…workshops, kids activities, music and tours of the Permaculture Interpretive garden, the community centre’s energy and water retrofits, the classroom made mostly of recycled materials, the reedbed toilet and the balcony garden display area.
WHEN: Sunday 3 May 2015
WHERE: Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street, Randwick.
A family-friendly afternoon, you won’t get bored with making clay seedling pots, learning soil craft, attending an aquaponic gardening workshop or joining architect, Terry Bail, who will introduce us to practical ideas and materials for renovating with permaculture.
2:00pm – 5:00pm – kids and family activities
- creating clay seedling pots with community artist, Karen Weiss
- soil craft with Julie Gaul, Early Childhood Environmental Education Network
- Underatand and improve soil with Emma Daniell
- How to renovate using permaculture with permaculture architect, Terry Bail (inside the new recycled classroom)
- Aquaponics with permaculture landscape architect, Steve Batley (in the new Balcony Garden Display area).
- 3:00pm — Meet outside the new recycled classroom for Welcome to Country and talk about the use of bush food plants with Aunty Barb
- 3:25pm — Opening of the new classroom made from recycled materials, the reedbed toilet and the balcony display garden area with Mayor, Ted Seng
- 3:45pm— Bush food trail planting.
- What is Permaculture with Permaculture Australia
- Taking care of your soil with Transition Randwick
- Small space permaculture gardening with Emma Daniell
- DIY terrarium demo with Sustainimum.