Are you part of a community garden?
Thinking of starting one? Interested in finding out more?
Join us for an afternoon of Community Gardening goodness!
Sunday 21st November 2010
Yerta Community Garden South Parklands, Adelaide
- Hands-on workshops and demonstrations.
- Q and A with experienced community gardeners.
- Bicycle tour to St Andrew’s Hospital Garden, the Box Factory Community Garden and other inner-city garden delights.
- Catch up on the latest news from Community Gardens around SA.
- Swap and share seeds, plants and produce.
- Music, displays, information, lovely folk to meet.
Free. All welcome.
Starts with music and a shared picnic from noon.Workshops, demonstrations and garden stories from 12.45. Bicycle tour pushes off 3.30pm. Music and garden loveliness into the evening.
- Water wicking garden beds with Jacqui Hunter
- Home and community grown produce swaps with Joel Catchlove and Jeremy Nettle
- Unlocking soil fertility and building plant health with Harry Harrison.
A full program can be downloaded here: Gathering Program
Things to bring if you can:
…flyers, photos and other display accoutrements from
your community or school garden?…seeds, plants and produce to swap and share?…food and drinks to share?…a picnic blanket or chair if you like.?Please leave dogs at home.
Ride your bike or catch the tram to the South Terrace Stop. Walyo Yerta Community Garden is south of the Veale Gardens conservatory.
If you would like to offer a workshop or demonstration, or to pitch in in any way please contact claire at <clairenettle [at] adam.com.au>
Hosted by SA Community and School Gardening Network and Walyo Yerta Community Garden.
Call Mij 0405 086 533 or email <mij.tanith [at] hotkey.net.au>Published in